Learn how other countries function in the global market
Employers need business professionals with the ability to operate in multi-lingual and diverse cultural environments. Alfred University's International Business minor will give you the skills necessary to succeed in the global environment in which business operates.
International Business is a current high-demand program of study based on the globalization of business. Students complete at least two semesters of a modern language, gain an understanding of global cultures, and build a foundation in all areas of international business. Students are encouraged to participate in an international study experience.
International Business Minor Requirements
- (Language) Two Semesters of one Modern Language
- GLBS 101 Intro to Global Studies and Intercultural Communication
- BUSI 457 International Business
- ECON 412 International Economics
- FIN 458 International Financial Management
- MKTG 489 International Marketing
- Business-related faculty-led travel course abroad (3 credit hours)
- Internship Abroad (minimum 3 credit hours)
- One full semester of study abroad
You must complete at least half of your course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least a "C" (2.0) in courses submitted for completion of the minor.