Students opting for this major must take the courses listed above in the Business Professional core, plus one upper-level course in economics and business elective courses, to total a minimum of 48 credit hours in business. Students are encouraged to focus their business interests through selection of minors offered by the School of Business, as well as minors within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The Arts and Sciences Core courses, general education requirements and arts and sciences electives to total a minimum of 60 credit hours, must also be completed.
The Bachelor's of Science business degree is composed of professional core courses shared by all majors, business courses specific to each major, business electives totaling 48 credits in business, arts and sciences and general education core courses specified for business, and liberal arts electives to reach a minimum of 60 credits of liberal arts courses (as required for all Bachelor of Science degrees). Depending on the major, you will take additional electives to reach the total of 120 credit hours required for graduation. You are also required to :
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper division business courses
- Maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average overall
- Satisfy the University's Physical Education requirement (credits not included in the 120 credits required for graduation)
- Satisfy the University's Global Perspectives requirement
After your first year is complete, we urge all business students to gain the valuable, real-world experience only an internship can offer. Past students have interned with Fortune 500 companies, hockey foundations, religious charities, music companies, and many others.
- Most internships occur during the summer months between semesters
- Each credit hour you'll earn equals 60 hours of work; you'll figure out the actual schedule with your site supervisor
- Internships may or may not be paid, depending on your host organization
- Grades are assessed based on complete, timely submission of all required internship documentation, with the final learning report weighted most heavily