Earn a minor in a discipline that employees value and will prepare you for your financial future. Learn how the stock market works, how real estate markets work, how companies make rational decisions, and how to financially manage a small company.
Alfred University's finance minor will help you create value in any type of business, non-profit or government organization. The minor will broaden your learning experiences and professional opportunities by providing training in financial topics and analysis. What better complement to your major than a minor in finance?
Finance minor requirements include:
- ACCT 211 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 Managerial Accounting
- ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 348 Managerial Finance
- FIN 310 Introduction to Financial Planning
- FIN 458 International Financial Management
- FIN 454 Security Analysis
Plus 6 credit hours from among the following:
- FIN 205 Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)
- FIN 206 Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF Lab)
- FIN 306 Advanced SMIF Lab
- FIN 453 Financial Marketing and Institutions
- FIN 455 Business Financial Decisions
- FIN 460 Seminar in Finance
Students must complete at least half the course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least 2.0 "C" in courses submitted for completion of the minor.