Transfer Student Admission Checklist
Thank you for considering Alfred University! Whatever your reason for transferring, we are committed to making sure that you have the information you need to make a successful transition to AU. The list below can be a helpful resource for you as you work through the transfer admission process.
Apply for Transfer Admission Online
- Official transcripts from each college/university you’ve attended
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Personal statement/essay (this will be part of the Common Application)
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Art Portfolio (School of Art and Design applicants should introduce themselves to Maria Bentley, Associate Director of Arts Enrollment)
- HEOP students transferring to Alfred University must be enrolled in an HEOP program at their current institution
- International student applicants are required to provide a photocopy of their passport, bank statement, transcript translation, English language aptitude test scores and a completed Certification of Finances (International applicants should introduce themselves to Allison Church, Associate Director of International Enrollment)
In addition to the above list of required materials to complete your application, all applicants are welcome to interview with an admissions counselor. You can also arrange for a virtual interview if you are unable to come to campus.
All applicants are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship during the admission review process. There is no separate application required to be considered. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive notification along with your offer of admission.
In addition to merit-based scholarships, we encourage you to apply for financial aid. In order to be considered for financial aid, you will need to complete the FAFSA.
AU's school code is 002668.
Phi Theta Kappa members are automatically awarded the PTK Scholarship when transferring from their community college to Alfred University.
Congratulations! Now that you've been accepted to Alfred University, there're a few more things you'll need to do in order to officially attend. Don't worry though. We've created an easy, step-by-step guide with the Accepted Student Checklist.
- Student Service Center and Registrar: pay bills, establish payment plans, learn more about tuition and fees, benefits for veterans, academic calendar, FAQ
- Residence Life: housing options, meal plans, important contacts
- Center for Academic Success: tutor, supplemental instruction, writing center, academic consultation, disability services
- Career Development Center: Handshake, interviewing skills, resume critiques, job fairs, employment outcomes
- Health and Wellness Center: health services, counseling services, required health forms,