Undergraduate Art Portfolio Requirements
The following instructions are specifically for Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Science in Art History and Theory (BS), School of Art and Design applicants.
- Submit 15 to 20 samples of your best work.
- Four works must be drawings from direct observation. These may include sketches or quick observational studies.
- Each slide should showcase ONE image, please do not include multiple shots on the same slide. All media submitted must include: medium, dimensions, date created, and title.
- Images of work should be of high quality and formatted for SlideRoom viewing.
All work should demonstrate your command of elements of visual language, including composition, line, form, and color. Your portfolio should also demonstrate your conceptual skills, your willingness to experiment, and your respect for craftsmanship, as well as your commitment to visual expression and communication. Your portfolio may include "work in progress." Sketches can provide valuable information about how you see, how you work, and how you think.
- First Year
Regular Decision: February 1
Early Decision: December 1
Spring Admission: November 15
Fall Admission: March 1
- You must submit your portfolio electronically through our SlideRoom portal. An email address is required to register. SlideRoom's online portal offers additional instructions for submitting your work. If you need technical assistance, please email email@example.com.
- You may upload images (jpg), video (mov, wmv, flv, mp4), music (mp3) or .pdf files.
- For good image quality and fast upload, images should be sized with a maximum dimension of 1024 px. Please keep video files under 60 MB each.
- Files can be submitted as follows:Images max dimension of 1024 px @ 72 dpi. (up to 5MB each) - .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
- Videos (up to 250MB each) - .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
- Audio (30MB each) - .mp3, .wma, .ogg, .flac -Video and Sound pieces must be no longer than 5 minutes