Alfred University is proud to offer you unique opportunities to learn by experience, both at home and abroad. Gain real world experience literally across the world by taking advantage of our partnerships with international internship and career training providers Global Experiences and GoinGlobal.
Founded in 2001, Global Experiences is solely dedicated to providing internship opportunities. With over 60 university partnerships, more than 6,000 alumni, and staff in 13 global cities, GE focuses on career readiness and global leadership. GE's award-winning Career Development programming is unparalleled and is the hallmark of the student experience. Learn more about Global Experiences below or apply now!
Alfred University now has access to GoinGlobal, an online resource which provides tools for fast tracking your academic and career objectives. From pre-departure advice to ensure a positive study abroad or internship experience, to identifying employment opportunities at home and abroad, GoinGlobal is a proven competitive advantage. Learn more about GoinGlobal below or apply now through Handshake!
Global Experiences was founded in 2001 and is solely dedicated to internship programming with international internship placements lasting 8 weeks in nearly every career field imaginable. Along with a full-time internship, interns are provided with furnished accommodation, cultural events and day trips, professional networking events, and on site support.
With an intense focus on career development, GE utilizes its unique partnership with Gallup Education to offer the Clifton StrengthsFinder® to all participants. This career development program includes personalized coaching for each participant, group webinars, and professional document reviews, as well as on the ground workshops and networking events.
Alfred University students can apply for credit-bearing or non-credit bearing internship placements in one of GE's 13 global locations including Barcelona, Dublin, London, Shanghai, and more. These are full-time 8-week internships in a range of businesses. Language proficiency is not required and all placements are English friendly.
Only 1 in 10 U.S. undergraduate students studies abroad before graduating. Even fewer intern abroad. Not only is an international internship a unique way to travel and immerse oneself in a new culture, but it has also been proven to benefit one's career. A recent GE survey of 1,000 alumni shows that participants who complete the career readiness program and international internship find a job upon graduation three times faster than the national average, a powerful indicator of why investments like these are valuable for all students.
- 13 overseas locations: Barcelona, Berlin, Dublin, London, Paris, Florence, Madrid, Milan, Rome, San Jose (Costa Rica), Shanghai, Stockholm, Sydney and 2 domestic locations in New York City and Washington DC.
- Our 15+ hours of personalized support per student from time of application through to pre-departure orientation.
- Dedicated Global Experiences staff in all our location cities assisting with on-site activities, cultural/social event programming and any questions that arise while the student is participating on the program.
- Career Development establishing career objectives, resume and cover letter training, and interview preparation.
- Gallup's StrengthsFinder assessment allowing for students to maximize their internship experiences.
- Experience in health and safety with a dedicated "Blue Book" that documents our procedures and protocols (available upon request).
- University partners include Arizona State University, Michigan State University, Towson University, The State University of New York, Marymount University, Alfred University, and more.
Alfred University now has access to GoinGlobal, an online resource which provides tools for fast tracking your academic and career objectives. From pre-departure advice to ensure a positive study abroad or internship experience, to identifying employment opportunities at home and abroad, GoinGlobal is a proven competitive advantage.
GoinGlobal's Country Career Guides are the ultimate international job seeker's tool! Providing extensive, country-specific information, this massive research tool contains more than 100,000 resources for finding employment at home and abroad. Local career specialists develop each guide and update them annually.
The custom-designed H-1B Plus database provides U.S. Department of Labor records for more than two million companies that have applied for H-1B visas from 2009 - to-date. Search records by industry, occupation, job title, company name, job location, fiscal year or wage. Information is updated quarterly as new Department of Labor visa application records are released.
To access GoinGlobal at Alfred University, students and alumni can login to Handshake and look for GoinGlobal under Resources.