At AU, our students are encouraged to make fun and exciting things happen, and our student leaders gain great skills as a result. We like empowering students to go out and make a difference in the Alfred community and beyond.
Bring your ideas to Alfred University. We'll help you make them happen!
- Student Senate is our governing body, responsible for allocating thousands of dollars to clubs and organizations. Every year students can run for office or serve on a variety of standing and ad hoc governance committees.
- The Student Activities Board selects top talent for the annual Large Act Concert, including Gym Class Heroes and Maroon 5. Students run the green room and interact with the performers.
- Peer Educators initiate and lead programs to improve campus health and safety.
- Student Athlete Advisory Council represents athletic teams to discuss issues ranging from NCAA policies to campus facility questions.
- Students organize and run Hot Dog Day, an event that attracts thousands to Alfred every year, and raises money for local charities.
- We encourage students to create programs and events that improve student life at AU. Our annual Student Innovation Award recognizes (and gives cash to) those leaders.
- Alfred University hosts a local chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership society. ODK's "Student Leader Hall of Fame" pays tribute to alumni who have left a lasting impression on Alfred University through their undergraduate leadership.