At AU, our students are encouraged to make fun and exciting things happen, and our student leaders gain great skills as a result. We like empowering students to go out and make a difference in the Alfred community and beyond.
Bring your ideas to Alfred University. We'll help you make them happen!
- Student Senate is our governing body, responsible for allocating thousands of dollars to clubs and organizations. Every year students can run for office or serve on a variety of standing and ad hoc governance committees.
- The Student Activities Board selects top talent for the annual Large Act Concert, including Gym Class Heroes and Maroon 5. Students run the green room and interact with the performers.
- Peer Educators initiate and lead programs to improve campus health and safety.
- Student Athlete Advisory Council represents athletic teams to discuss issues ranging from NCAA policies to campus facility questions.
- Students organize and run Hot Dog Day, an event that attracts thousands to Alfred every year, and raises money for local charities.
- We encourage students to create programs and events that improve student life at AU. Our annual Student Innovation Award recognizes (and gives cash to) those leaders.
- Alfred University hosts a local chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership society. ODK's "Student Leader Hall of Fame" pays tribute to alumni who have left a lasting impression on Alfred University through their undergraduate leadership.
The Women's Leadership Center provides leadership education and skills development for women in the Alfred University community.
The Judson Leadership Center provides leadership training and education to the Alfred University student body, developing ethical leaders who exemplify the University's core values.