at Alfred University
Alfred University is dedicated to supporting military service members, veterans and dependents in their educational goals. Our veteran support team will assist in your transition to Alfred in any way they can, from health and wellness to academic services to assisting you with your VA education benefits.
As a student veteran, you may receive college credit for prior military school attendance and your military experience. This means that you may have a head-start on earning your degree, depending on the program and accepted credits. You may also be eligible for additional resources and financial aid through other scholarships and programs.
Dedicated Services for Student Veterans
Military & Academic Coach
Once a student at Alfred University, the Military & Academic Coach will be assigned as part of your advising team for the duration of your time here at AU. They will assist you in navigating higher education to ensure a successful transition through college; providing help in areas such as academics, careers, disability services and financial assistance.
Academic Success/Services Consultant
A designated member of the Center for Academic Success is made available to aid any military affiliated student in disability services, tutoring services and special accommodations. This Academic Success Consultant will work with you to make sure you get the proper resources inside the classroom and strengthen your college level skills.
Wellness Center Services
The Health and Wellness Center is comprised of several experts in their fields to provide a holistic approach to your physical and mental wellbeing. Most services are free of charge and conveniently located right on campus.
- Military Leave of Absence Policy
- Free laptop sign-out program
- Common access card (CAC) readers to access your service branch’s website portal
- Additional aid and scholarships to qualifying student veterans
- Free subscription to Microsoft Office suite while an AU student
- Selective CLEP exams and DSST exams accepted on a case by case basis
- Dedicated Academic Advisor
- Dedicated Academic Success/Services Consultant
- Free parking passes for student veterans
- Student veteran ID card
- Discounts at Starbucks & both dining halls
- Discounts at the University bookstore
- VA work study positions
- We're a Yellow Ribbon institution
- Selective military training transfers to academic credit
Wellsville VA Clinic
Bath VA Medical Center
Rochester Veterans Center
2000 South Winton Road Building 5, Suite 201
Rochester, NY 14618
Veteran Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 (press 1)
Coaching Into Care (family members): 888-823-7458
Military One Source: 800-342-9647
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.