Alfred University's minor in sports management will help you understand the business behind athletics and prepare you for fields in which you will be asked to effectively execute events, facilitate operations, and motivate employees. You will develop effective business strategies and contemporary sports management theories.
Program ContactMark Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org 607-871-2124
You will combine foundation skills in business administration with knowledge and skills required to manage sports operations. An internship in a sports facility provides a professional experience for the minor.
- ATHT 232 Introduction to Sports Management
- ATHT 242 Sports, Society, and Ethics
- ATHT 432 Organization and Administration of Athletics
- BUSI 485 Internship (in a sports related business)
- COMM 302 Public Relations Principles
- LAW 241 The Legal Environment of Business
- MGMT 328 Management and Organizational Behavior
- MKTG 221 Marketing Principles and Management
You must complete at least half of your course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least a "C" (2.0) in courses submitted for completion of the minor.
Sports management minor graduates work in various fields including:
- Athletic Directors (ADs)
- Stadium and arena management
- Sport marketing agencies
- Players' agent
- Sports broadcasting
- Recreation management
- Sporting goods manufacturers
- Professional league management