WILD About Alfred
Wilderness Immersion, Learning and Discovery
WILD about Alfred helps you make the most of Alfred's unique physical setting in Western New York. Our job is to get you outside to experience our gorgeous location and have fun in the outdoors with your friends, professors and staff.
WILD-ness all around us!
- Pine Hill Trails - right in our backyard, suitable for hiking, trail running and mountain biking
- Equestrian Center trails
- Foster Lake
- Phillips Creek State Land and Recreational Area
- Sugar Shack - making delicious syrup each spring at Joel's House from the maple trees on Pine Hill
- Alfred's Farmers Market - Every Sunday, 11am to 3pm, from mid-July to mid-October at the Bandstand
- Bike Hub - Bike rental, storage or repairs.
- Stull Observatory - Alfred University's own observatory.
- Allegany County Kayaking
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Hiking & Biking
- Hunting & Fishing