WILD About Alfred
Wilderness Immersion, Learning and Discovery
WILD about Alfred helps you make the most of Alfred's unique physical setting in Western New York. Our job is to get you outside to experience our gorgeous location and have fun in the outdoors with your friends, professors and staff.
WILD-ness all around us!
- Pine Hill Trails - right in our backyard, suitable for hiking, trail running and mountain biking
- Equestrian Center trails
- Foster Lake
- Phillips Creek State Land and Recreational Area
- Sugar Shack - making delicious syrup each spring at Joel's House from the maple trees on Pine Hill
- Alfred's Farmers Market - Every Sunday, 11am to 3pm, from mid-July to mid-October at the Bandstand
- Bike Hub - Bike rental, storage or repairs.
- Stull Observatory - Alfred University's own observatory.
- Allegany County Kayaking
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Hiking & Biking
- Hunting & Fishing
- WILD Orientation
Spend 2 ½ days learning about the local outdoor opportunities available for you here at Alfred University, taking a day trip to a nearby high ropes adventure course in Ellicottville, NY. This event will introduce you to your new surroundings while meeting friends who share your interest in the outdoors.
- Friday Night Hikes
Join us for a Friday Night Hike, leaving from the Powell Campus Center Mailroom Lobby, we explore our Pine Hill trail and the Alfred State Hiking trails
- Saxon 7-Miler
Held in October, this is a 7-mile hike from Phillips Creek to the AU Equestrian Center with aid stations and a s'more station along the way, and a BBQ at the end. Transportation is provided to and from the starting point at the Phillips Creek
Ridgewalk & Run is one of the areas largest and one of the most unique fall activity lifestyle events. This event is held every October in nearby Wellsville