Historically, we have welcomed grade school students from all over the country to our beautiful Alfred University campus to participate in exciting academic and sports co-ed, day-long and week-long, overnight summer camps. These programs provide students with opportunities to learn more about specific career fields, to sample life on a college campus and to meet other students with similar interests as well as academic and athletic ability.
Now, as we continue to navigate life, learning and socializing in the midst of a global pandemic, Alfred University is proud to offer both virtual and in-person, safe alternatives to our traditional summer camp offerings.
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing): From Fundamentals to Applications
- Building a Portfolio: Creating Your Brand
- Creative Coding
- Creative Writing Institute
- From iPhones to New Bones: Why Materials Science Is So Dang Cool
- Experimental Printmaking
- Exploring Chinese Culture & Language
- Exploring Drawing
- Introduction to Fibers - Structure
- Intro to Hip Hop Dance & Culture
- Looking at Art
- Music and Gaming
- Persist: Visual Protest Culture + Activist Artwork
- Queer History Uncovered: Through the Lens & Practice of Art
- Sound for Artists
- Special Collections: Cyanotype & Paper Exploration
- Transformational Bodies: Using Photography and Sculpture to Express Shifting Identities
Sports Day Camps (on-campus)
- Basketball Day Camp
- Football Prospect Camp
- Men's Lacrosse Prospect Camp
- Swim Prospect Camp
- Volleyball Prospect Camp
- Women's Soccer Prospect Camp
Our camps are staffed by distinguished members of the Alfred community. With Alfred University's excellence in teaching and commitment to offering quality programming, these are among the most educational and fun collegiate summer academic programs in the country.
We partner with CampDoc (an online registration program) to better serve our campers and staff. CampDoc offers online registration & an electronic health record system for campers. The CampDoc site is secure, encrypted & password protected. Only Alfred University Summer Health Staff will have access to camper health information.
*Please note - The CampDoc website supports Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge & Safari web browsers.