Each year we welcome K-12 grade school students from all over the country to our beautiful campus to participate in exciting academic and sports co-ed day-long and overnight summer camps. These programs provide young people with opportunities to learn more about their fields of interest, to sample life on a college campus and to meet other students with similar interests and academic ability.
Our campus is located in the peaceful village of Alfred, set in the lovely countryside of western New York State, where summer days are warm and nights are cool and comfortable. Surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful meadows and valleys, Alfred University is the perfect place for students to spend time learning more about a favorite subject or sport, having fun, and making new friends.
Our camps are staffed by distinguished members of the Alfred community. With Alfred University's excellence in teaching and commitment to offering quality programming, these are among the most educational and fun collegiate summer academic programs in the country.
How to Apply
We partner with CampDoc (an online registration program) to better serve our campers and staff. CampDoc offers online registration & an electronic health record system for campers. The CampDoc site is secure, encrypted & password protected. Only Alfred University Summer Health Staff will have access to camper health information.
*Please note - The CampDoc website supports Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge & Safari web browsers.
Our popular sports camps offer pre-college-aged athletes a great opportunity to advance their skills working with AU's award-winning head and assistant coaches. Sports campers benefit from the many resources of our McLane Physical Education Center and Fields, and the Bromeley-Daggett Equestrian Center at Maris Cuneo Equine Park.
When not in class, residential campers enjoy participating in planned recreational activities. Out-of-class supervision is provided by our team of Camp Counselors who are specially trained to serve as positive role models, mentors and friends. Campers stay in University residence halls and dine in our University dining hall where cafeteria-style meals are served. Living, dining and learning together, campers have ample opportunity to get to know each other well and develop lasting friendships.
- Each camp program is unique, so please click on the camp of your choice for specifics
- Campers, when not in class, are supervised by trained camp counselors
- Residential campers stay in secure University residence halls dedicated to summer campers (2 per room) and must bring own linens (twin mattresses are extra-long)
- Laundry facilities are available in each hall (boys in one hall; girls in another)
- Camp Counselors reside in residence halls throughout camp weeks
- Meals are served in the University Dining Hall (all-you-can-eat, cafeteria-style meals)
- Dining Services chefs are able to accommodate campers with food allergies and other dietary needs
- Recreational activities are provided by Camp Counselors when campers are not in class
- The cost of the camp (see each individual page for specific costs) covers tuition, supervision, materials, take-home projects, and housing, recreational activities and meals from dinner on the first day through lunch on the last day for residential campers
- Most of our residential camps allow for commuters; see specific camps for this information
- There is no Financial Aid or scholarships for our camps with the exception of Astronomy (see the Astronomy webpage for details)
- Once the May 1 deadline has passed, residential campers will be notified via the email provided on the application of acceptance (or not if applications exceed size of camp allowance) and any further information required to participate
- Residential Camp Cancellation Policy: Refunds, less the non-refundable deposit, will be made for cancellations received by June 1. A 50% refund will be made for cancellations received from June 2-10. No refunds are given for cancellations received after June 10
- AU Policy Against Discrimination: Whether considering candidates for admissions or financial aid, applicants for employment or the management of policies and school-administered programs, Alfred University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion or disability. Alfred University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer