Foundation course requirements can be filled in the following ways:
- Undergraduate business degree (major or minor)
- Undergraduate business courses at Alfred University
- Undergraduate business courses from accredited universities
- Online business foundation courses from the State University of New York Open SUNY
- Approved MOOCs (Stanford, MIT, etc.)
The student may also test out of the course requirements
The academic standards for graduate students at Alfred University require an overall cumulative average of 3.0 to meet graduation requirements. MBA-Business Administration students are permitted no more than 3 graduate credits below a grade of B.