Strategic on-campus partnerships
The Career Development Center staff believes in the importance of partnering with faculty to teach students to make sound career decisions. We offer a variety of services and will happily customize any of them to best fit your needs.
School & College Liaisons
- Amanda Baker – Director, liaison for College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and College of Business
- Jill Crandall – Assistant Director for Experiential Education, liaison for Engineering
- Corey Fecteau – Art Career Advisor, liaison for all art related majors, and Service Learning Coordinator
We welcome the opportunity to prepare a customized presentation for your class or group. To request a workshop, call 607-871-2164 or contact your liaison (see above). Sample topics have included but are not limited to:
- FYE: Overview of Services, Castle Tour, and Introduction to Handshake
- Job or internship search by major or field
- Resume & cover letter development
- Salary and benefit negotiation
- Finding artist grants and residencies
- Interviewing skills
- Career opportunities by major
- Graduate school searching
- Creating a portfolio
Class Resume Critiques
Require students to have a one-on-one meeting with a career counselor for a resume review/critique. They can then turn in the rough draft with feedback and the updated version as part of an assignment for class. Be sure to work with your liaison to set up resume critiques.
Confidential Career Advising for Faculty and Staff
The staff at the Career Development Center can provide confidential services to you and your family members if you are job searching or need assistance with your CV or resume.