Are you interested in returning to Alfred University? Here are the steps you'll need to complete in our readmission process.
You should follow the readmission application process at Alfred University if you attended AU in the past, have taken completed/attempted credit hours at an accredited college or university elsewhere, and are now interested in returning to AU.
- Fall enrollment - August 1
- Spring enrollment - December 1
$50 (US) non-refundable fee is charged for each application. A check or money order, made payable to Alfred University, must accompany the application in order for it to be processed. There are no application fee waivers for readmission.
The following materials must be sent to the Admissions Office no later than August 1 for fall enrollment and December 1 for spring enrollment:
- A brief statement indicating why you wish to return to Alfred University
- Official transcripts of college work taken at other institutions since attending AU (if applicable); Art & Design students must submit an updated portfolio consisting of 15-20 examples of recent work. Be sure to view our Undergraduate art portfolio requirements
- A readmission form from the Office of Student Affairs (contact Student Affairs, 607-871-2132, to have them send the form to Admissions on your behalf)
- A readmission clearance form from the Student Service Center (contact the Student Service Center, 607-871-2123, to have them send the form to Admissions on your behalf)
- For HEOP/EOP students only, a readmission recommendation from the Director of Opportunity Programs. Contact Opportunity Programs at 607-871-2283
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an employer (if employed since leaving the University) or from a faculty member (can be an Alfred University faculty member or a faculty member from an institution you attended while not enrolled at Alfred University)
- Before reaching a readmission decision, the Admissions Office will request a statement of support from the Dean of the School or College to which you are reapplying
If you are seeking financial aid you will need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as well as the Alfred University Financial Aid Application by August 1 for fall enrollment and December 1 for spring enrollment. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 607-871-2159, for an Alfred University Aid application.