A program in demand!
Today's global marketplace continues to evolve at a fast pace as emerging technologies affect industries from healthcare to financial to retail. They are all dependent on analytical skills to interpret data into usable business information and to guide their organizational decision making.
The minor includes 29 total credit hours including 23 credits from our Required Courses and 6 credits from our Electives.
- Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- Business Statistics (3 credits)
- Business Analytics Math (4 credits)
- Computer Science I (4 credits)
- Analytics I (3 credits)
- Analytics II (3 credits)
- Data Visualization & Analytics (3 credits)
(Students must take 2 from the list)
- Business Intelligence (3 credits)
- Applied Economics (3 credits)
- Finance Analytics (3 credits)
- Management Analytics (3 credits)
- Marketing Analytics (3 credits)
- Market Research (3 credits)
You must complete at least half of your course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least a "C" (2.0) in courses submitted for completion of the minor.
The demand for business analytics graduates is on a rapid rise as almost every big organization struggles to derive the maximum value from their investments and resources and seeks well trained business analytics professionals. There is a predicted 50-60% gap by 2020 in the supply of graduates capable of performing advanced analytics providing data-driven insights.
What will I do?
- Financial Advisor
- Supply Chain Advocate
- Data Architects
- Big Data Analyst
- Data Change Agent
- Applied Business Analyst
Where will I work? A wide spectrum of organizations are looking for analytical skills such as:
- Consulting companies
- Financial Organizations
- Technology Corporations
- Healthcare Organizations
- Mobile Services
- Information Technology
- Human Resources