Assessment Graduate Assistantship
7.5 HOURS/WEEK GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP WITH THE OFFICE OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs
The Graduate Assistant assists the VP in analyzing individual unit-level and division-level assessment results to determine trends, interesting data points, and actions that could result from our assessment. She/he may also develop assessment projects from start to finish, working with Campus Labs Company.
- Conduct detailed review of assessment results and summarize results for the Vice President
- Using standardized template, produce executive summary for publication on website and distribution to various audiences
- Develop publicity pieces directed at students, such as posters or table tent flyers, to help us share results about interesting data points
- Serve on the division’s assessment committee and assist in defining trends across the division
Over the course of the semester, the GA will:
- Be able to review raw data and summarize it into actionable items
- Learn to use assessment terminology
- Gain a basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative assessments, as well as direct and indirect measures of assessment
- Become familiar with Campus Labs software
- Understand the importance of assessment in an educational environment, as she/he prepares to enter the workforce.
This is a 7.5 hour/week assistantship which provides a half-tuition aid award. The GA will be invited to department staff meetings if schedule permits, and will be invited to all Student Affairs general professional development on-campus opportunities.
All Student Affairs graduate assistants and interns are expected to coordinate expectations and schedules with academic faculty and employers (if applicable).